Friday, November 11, 2011

Becoming Grandma

The moment finally arrived - Wren Penelope Anderson arrived October 21, 2011 - beautiful dark haired 7 pound, 15 ounce bouncing baby girl.  I left home on October 22nd for the initial inspection and to visit my children too of course.  Turned out to be a big day for Ayla too - she and Ron got engaged that afternoon!! So we had lots of celebrating to do!!  Here's a few photo's of the time spent there, kind of a mish-mash - all taken with my new android phone, which has a very good camera but the colors are all really bright; I need to play with it some more I'm thinking.  


Mommy cuddles


Daddy cuddles







Auntie Cuddles


First bath at home




She scrunches right up like a little ball


The beautiful flowers from Gramms and Gramps



Jack Calverley and Wren at the baby shower


I was also there for halloween, so we spent the evening at Brad and Soleta's and watched as waves of halloweeners came to the door - it was the coolest halloween ever!  This is Marko and his twin cousins.



and "The Pirate" that never left his corner all night!! :)



Even Wren dressed up!!



I made a quilt and bird mobile for the baby's room:





And then (not to be left out!) here's the happy engaged couple!!


Look at those smiles!!

This is how she asked Sonya and Jocelyn to be her bridesmaids - I thought it was so cool!



                                                   The drive home was beautiful - first part was beautiful green with golds and reds interspersed and then suddenly it was all white topped trees, a real contrast. 





Hard to come home to cold and snow, but maybe it won't be for too long???


2 comments:

  1. Yay it was so awesome to have you here! We are definitely missing you, we were sort of getting used to having you here :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. k mom, no more complaining I don't blog anymore, let's get this party started! I like this post by the way, I didn't see it before I don't think!

    ReplyDelete